The SC Series tuning fork liquid level switch does not require any calibration, is easy to install and will operate properly as a high, low or intermediate level switch with a wider range of fluids. A “sister” product line, the SC35 series vibrating fork level switch for powder and bulk solids, the SC series tuning fork liquid level switch has the same high reliability and performance.
The SC series tuning fork liquid level switch product line operates by the principle of detecting the change in the frequency of vibration of the forks as a result of the presence or absence of a fluid at the forks. Hence the technology name, tuning fork. The tuning fork vibration is created by a piezoelectric crystal excited by an electrical signal from the electronics. A second piezoelectric crystal produces an electrical signal as a result of the vibration transmitted to it through the forks by the first crystal. The electronics continuously monitors the signal from the second crystal in order to detect fluid presence and absence and activate the tuning fork liquid level switch output.
- 20-250VAC/VDC universal power supply
- Solidstate or relay output
- Compact or standard units
- No calibration required
- Explosionproof units available
- Mini, standard and extended probe versions
- High, low and intermediate level indication in tanks
- Tank fill/empty control
- PLC/DCS level sensing input
- Level detection in plastic or metallic tanks
- Compact and small tanks and surroundings
- Food & beverage
- Many others